[messages] [General Discussion] Vassal on Mac vs Windows

ajkiger ajkiger at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 22:07:13 CEST 2017

I've been playing some Vassal (version 3.2.17) modules on my Mac (macOS
Sierra v 10.12.1) and have become used to the functionality on the Mac.
Recently, I was on my sons Window machine and tried out Vassal and
noticed Vassal works a lot better on the Windows machine than it does on
the Mac.

It's just the little things, but for example (on a mac) when you draw a
piece from a deck and drag it to a location on the map (deck located on
the same window as the map), a rectangle extends from the deck to the
piece you just drew from the deck and any current pieces on the map that
falls within that rectangle becomes selected with the peace you just
drew from the deck.  It's kind of a pain, you get use to just clicking
on the map to deselect everything, but if you don't, then you end up
inadvertently moving all the pieces if you move your new piece again.

This doesn't happen on the window machine - no rectangle extends from
the deck to your new piece and you don't inadvertently select a bunch of
other pieces.  Kind of nice.

Any way the Mac Vassal version can be updated with the same
functionality as the Windows Vassal version?

Andy