[messages] [Module General Discussion] Looking for Guidance

quiksilver3865 c.king812 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 12 21:43:43 CEST 2017

I did not realize you had to take all those steps to reveal a toolbar
button. Your answers to number 2 actually works for both questions
.....sort of. If I include a toolbar button for Player 1's hand and
"visible to other players" is left unchecked, the button appears on
every players main toolbar, but it is grayed out. This clutters the
toolbar and does not look good in my opinion. It is by far the simplest
solution though.

I have several other conundrums. As a solution to question two, I made a
player hand with multiple boards visible to all players. I did this
because all boards will all have the same deck and I wanted to only have
to edit one copy of the deck. This does not make all the boards visible
however. It asks a player to select a board in the beginning and the
toolbar button enabled only opens and closes the board they selected; it
does not give them access to the other boards.

The issue not related to player hands is that I cannot move any pieces
of the deck I created that "belongs to any" of the boards. For every
player side and every side board configuration, the deck appears but
cannot be moved, right clicked on, or anything. It is as if it is part
of the board itself.

Also, is there anywhere in the designer's guide that explains the syntax
for commands or text prompts? (using the dollar signs, etc like some of
your lines above)