[messages] [Module General Discussion] Looking for Guidance

quiksilver3865 c.king812 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 13 19:51:58 CEST 2017

You were spot on with the "belong to side" property. I can now move the
deck about freely, just needed to assign specific sides to the deck.

Let me see if I can make it a little clearer: I have a main board (Map
Window) and a Player Hand for each player. I created another Player Hand
which contains "side boards" for each player (a Player Hand visible to
all players with multiple Map Boards). I want _any_ player to be able to
view _any_ other player's "side board" through a toolbar button with
multiple selections or something similar.

Right now, the game prompts to select a "side board" on start-up, which
is fine. The problem is the toolbar button for the Player Hand will only
open/close the board I have chosen. As Player 1, I select Player 1 Side
Board, but this prevents me from accessing the other Map Boards (Player
2 Side Board, etc.) I tried to make it this way because there will be
one deck common to all side boards. If I need to change the deck I only
have to change it in one place.

I found the Property syntax pages not long after I sent the message. I
hadn't looked at anything towards the beginning of the guide in a while.
Feel free to PM me, unless you think others are benefiting from our
lengthy conversation. Thanks again for all your help, I am learning a
ton.