[messages] [Module General Discussion] Looking for Guidance

quiksilver3865 c.king812 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 14 19:31:27 CEST 2017

I had an idea and finally feel like I know what I am doing haha. I
expanded off your idea. I made a Chart Window Menu with a Tabbed Panel.
The tabs are separate Maps for each player. My solution for the deck was
to create a Game Piece Palette with a Scrollable List. The list contains
all of the "cards" to be used on the side boards. Users can access the
Scrollable List and select the "cards" they need by simply dragging them
into the respective Maps.

I have most of the boards and structure components set up now, on to the
more advanced mechanics. One of the key portions of the game is the
"reveal", where players cards are sent to the main board simultaneously
and arranged in order. I was thinking each player would have a button
they click to verify they are "ready". Once all players are "ready", a
command would send the cards to the appropriate places. I am not sure
how to do this. I have constructed a button that reports "Player X is
ready" when clicked, but that is all it does. Is there a way to set some
sort of player "status" that can be checked as part of an action? The
status could be changed/reset in the card send action. The reset could
be tied to a Turn Counter in some way maybe.

Here's the idea:
Player selects Primary and Secondary cards
Player then clicks "Ready" button (Player Hand toolbar)
Once all players are "Ready" action occurs