[messages] [Module General Discussion] Looking for Guidance

rrvs spideratj at aol.com
Sat Apr 15 16:14:29 CEST 2017

Note that the game piece palette is constantly refreshed... so it'd work
as long as players can repeatedly select the same card over and over.

I can't be too detailed at the moment, but re card selection, I'd
probably start by adding global properties for each (P1primary,
P1secondary, P2primary...) with two choices for each (0/1).  Maybe make
a separate prototype for this (to go into the cards' prototype), with
layer traits (on/off) for each selection, and trigger actions (they'd be
a few - probably two for each player) watching for those layer
selections and the player side triggering it, setting the appropriate
globals on.  You could even have an indicator on the main board showing
selection (using layer traits tied to those globals - so: always active,
levels follow expression value, P1primary - with level 1 [value=o] being
clear or a greyed light maybe, level 2 [value=1] being a green light or
something).

I'd need to think about it... but try a few things and see where it
goes.  Feel free to follow up with questions.