[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Vassal (and X wing module) screen tearing issues

wifferboy paul_wiffer at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 15 20:59:12 CEST 2017

I have this same problem with the 8.5 series of World in Flames modules.
It's stable for awhile but eventually as I move the mouse around I start
getting the images of other window overlaying the window of interest.

I have Win 10 Home, Java 64-bit (which it must be to support this
module) is release: jre1.8.0_112-b15
3.5 GHz AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-core processor with 16 GB of RAM
Graphics Card is ATI Radeon HD5400 series. Latest driver AMD
15.301.1901.0

I run two monitors using the HDMI and VGA outputs and have found it to
stay stable longer if i put the Vassal module on the right hand VGA
monitor (screen 2). But eventually as the mouse enters the additional
windows I've opened and have dragged to the left monitor, I get this
problem. It starts either at the top left corner or if I right-click for
a unit menu.

Eventually it becomes un-useable because of all the partial windows and
partial unit menus opening on top of one another. Exiting and restarting
the module helps but it seems it then takes less time before the
problems start up again.