[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Cannot open Vassal any more ...

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Thu Apr 27 19:28:17 CEST 2017

Thus spake crozzelle:
> I have now tried both 32 bit & 64 bit Java.

You should _not_ have 32-bit Java installed. If you do, uninstall it.

> Following your
> instructions: No other versions appear in the list of installed
> programs;  Checking it with the Cmd line yields the appropriate
> ... and Vassal still does not open or report any error when I try to
> start it.

The next thing to check is whether you can start VASSAL manually.

At a command prompt, run:

  java -classpath path/to/lib/Vengine.jar VASSAL.launch.ModuleManager

where you replace "path/to/" with the path to "lib/Vengine.jar", which
you will find where you installed VASSAL.

What happens when you do that?