[messages] [Module Design] TIL: Vassal internal file (buildInfo) is just an XML

grouchysmurf lgrabun at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 21:16:35 CET 2017

Today we learnt that Vassal is driven--apart from JAVA--by XML.

Having learn that, in less than 15 minutes, I was able to define ~30
pieces, each with 80 different layers and 30 corresponding stacks. If it
wasn't for my laziness, I could have had stacks in final locations--it
would require to examine the map in any of dozens of graphic editors and
note down the coordinates. Instead, I moves them manually and that was
the only tedious activity of this day.

All hail Vassal developers!