[messages] [Module Design] Scope of GP/GKC

rrvs spideratj at aol.com
Fri Feb 17 14:18:55 CET 2017

No, no, your buttons are fine, if I'm reading the situation correctly.
Leave 'em, if they're working for you.  The global properties could also
be housed entirely on the map level, which would still affect them
module-wide, but since as you noted their multi-action button is one
level up, then the easiest way right now imo is to simply assign a
Global Hotkey trait to any piece on the main map (or admin's map) that
is there the entire game.  A turn marker or likewise would work for
this, or you can add a no-image, non-stacking, non-moving piece.  This
piece would have a Global Hotkey trait that fires the hotkey for the
main toolbar's Multi-action button.  Add a GKC button to the admin's map
toolbar that will fire the GH trait on that piece (which itself fires
the hotkey for the main toolbar's M-A button).  You can then make the
M-A button on the main toolbar invisible if you want to (by removing its
button name), and move the GKC button on the admin window into its own
M-A button that does other stuff too with one click.

Hope I got that right.  But if it doesn't work, don't hesitate to let me
know.