[messages] Edit: Re: [Technical Support & Bugs] Problems with sub windows under Java ver. 8

bdgza bdegroot at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 14:21:13 CET 2017

[This message has been edited.]

I have the same problem on my Mac. Secondary windows will disappear when
they lose focus. Can not drag counters or cards from a secondary window
when it's over the main map window – when I move the window next to
the main window, so they don't overlap, then I can drag items back to
the main window. No errors in the Error log. Pieces will move inside
their own secondary window, but they will not 'ghost' while dragging.

I installed a clean OS X 10.11 in a VM with the latest Java 1.8.0_121
and it worked fine.
I updated the OS to macOS 10.12 and it no longer worked. Older versions
of VASSAL (3.2.16, 3.2.15) which definitely were ok before also exhibit
the problem on macOS 10.12, on my iMac and my MacBook Pro. So some
change in macOS 10.12 must be causing this.

Edit: another interesting observation. When I defocus my VM machine
window, and directly drag the card from the secondary window inside the
VM window to the main map window, then it will ghost and drag properly.
Really strange.