[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Save Writing Error Message

rrvs spideratj at aol.com
Sat Feb 25 15:34:41 CET 2017

Were you able to solve this?  Code stuff is beyond me, and my only
suggestion would've been to try 'save as' with a new name instead, but I
can't imagine that helping.  Then I remembered that vassal modules are
renamed zip files (or behave like zip files, not sure which).  So if the
images you wanted to swap in are exactly the same type and size as the
originals, you could just change the .vmod extension to .zip, unzip the
file, then go into the images folder and find the images you want to
change.  The replacements would have to be named the same.  Then re-zip
the files that got unzipped, change the extension back to .vmod, and...
I think it'd work?  Your mileage may vary.  And it doesn't fix the
underlying save problem, but figured I'd throw it out there.