[messages] Edit: Re: [Module Design] Map layers for pieces and markers

Stiglr allendkrsn at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 12 01:20:28 CEST 2017

[This message has been edited.]

I have a special type of "marker" that I want to use as an objective hex
designator: I've got it set up to be hex-form-fitting and with a tint on
it that makes it easy to see, yet doesn't block seeing the map graphics
below it; and I've set it up to change the color of the tint according
to which side, or neither side, controls it.

Now, that being said, I want to place all these "markers" on their own
layer, so that I can have a show/hide button that only toggles these
markers on and off (along with a separate Show/hide marker that works
for the rest of the pieces).

I have already set up a [Game Piece Layers] folder with a [Game Piece
Layer Control] inside it.

What I can't figure out is, how do I "assign" my objective hex markers
to only appear on the "Objective" Level, and also, how do I assign every
other piece to appear on the "Terrain" level I've set up in [Game Piece
Layers];  Is it a "Trait" on each piece or prototype? Is it a Property
(and if so how do I assign it)?

I find I quickly get lost in all these Traints, Properties, Expressions,
etc., etc., especially when each is buried inside its own Properties
dialog.

Any help on this?