[messages] [Module Design] Modules designed under 10mb. How?

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Tue Jun 20 00:56:07 CEST 2017

Thus spake bhfredjenni:
> How do the designers make popular board games like Axis & Allies using
> under 10mbs? I use Gimp and can't even get a board made less then 10mbs.
>  Any help much welcomed. Thanks

The only image in the A&A version 2.5 module which is very large is the
map image, and it's not _that_ large, only 1000x2000 or so. It's not
using an indexed palette.

Using an indexed pallet when your original image has more than 256
colors in it will reduce the quality of your image. Disk space is
cheap these days. Taking this route will make your module worse for
no benefit.