[messages] [Module Design] Modules designed under 10mb. How?

bhfredjenni bhfredjenni at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 22:34:03 CEST 2017

Thanks again for the quick reply, yes the Sherlock Holmes module image
board is the first one I have made through Gimp not using  an image
download. After submitting Star Trek The Dice Game module last year I
was trying to learn how to design modules with a lot less KB. Just like
this month with the release of Terraforming Mars module with only 10.4MB
is pretty good. There has to be a way to do the same thing with Macao
and Le Havre when designing the modules. That's what I'm trying to learn
and I believe it has to do with the Image you use for the board. Like
would it be better to take a screen shot of the completed board in Gimp
and use the image as a jpg then download that into Vassal? I don't know
I'm too new at this but something is working right,  A&A uses a big
image board and with lots of pieces but manages a 2.29MB module. WOW!
That's amazing. I will keep researching and trial by error. Vassal is
very challenging and lots of fun. Thanks