[messages] [Developers] Game initialized with shuffled and dealt cards

Myzur myzur83 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 03:06:31 CEST 2017

The game I am developing has four player hands each with 5 cards.  Is
there an easy way to initialize the game with the cards shuffled and
dealt?  I am still learning the basics of Vassal development and haven't
ventured into Java yet.

I would also like to have a feature where a new card is automatically
drawn and placed in the player's hand when a card is discarded.  Is
there an easy way to do this or do I need to look into Java?

Finally, I like the feature of the arrow keys moving a card's position
in the player's hand.  Can a key combination be programmed to select a
different card without having to use the mouse?

Thanks for the help!