[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Place Marker Not acting the same as moving marker from p

rrvs spideratj at aol.com
Wed Jun 28 16:06:06 CEST 2017

"fw190d11" wrote:
> I hope that moving the IP-C marker and then working is maybe a clue to
> what I am doing wrong ?

I don't think you're doing anything wrong, and it may be just that it
was selected and had nothing to do with the move at all. I don't know -
I just threw that out there to see what happens.  Anyway, I'll leave the
error code to the developers, but here's a couple workarounds to maybe
try until the problem is sorted out... both just more shots in the dark
("save as" first so you can quickly go back to where you are now if they
don't help).

1. Create a new Game Piece Palette, mark it as hidden, and in it create
an exact duplicate of the IP-C marker from the main palette (don't copy
and paste the original piece - create a new piece - but if certain
traits are too complicated to redo or there's too many, then copy and
paste those only).  Now delete the unit's Place Marker trait (don't edit
it, delete it), then create a new Place Marker trait, and have that new
Place Marker draw the new IP-C piece from the new hidden palette.

2. Have the turn counter's gkc (that fires the IP-C change to IP) move
the IP-C piece one pixel first using a Moved Fixed Distance trait (no
command name).  Use a command-less Trigger Action to order them... so
the turn counter sends its gkc, then the IP-C's trigger action has it
moving one pixel first, before it gets replaced by IP.

Good luck with it!