[messages] [Feature Requests] Generate screenshot of vsav from command line

kvinther kristian.vinther at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 16:03:36 CEST 2017

__Request: __ Make VASSAL understand and support a command line for
generating a screen shot of a VSAV file (or the last state in a VLOG
file).

__An example__

Code:
vassal --screenshot --file mysave.vsav --output imagename.png

__Motivation__
Today I can create a screenshot manually within VASSAL. However, if I
had a command line option, I could create a small script that monitored
our shared Dropbox folder and generated a "latest state" screenshot in
the same folder, whenever a new file arrived. That way I would always
have access to a current image of the game map.

I could then use my phone to sit and ponder my next move, while not
needing to have a laptop/PC with VASSAL running.

Imagine being in a boring meeting - and instead of listening to Bob
speaking at length about unimportant sales figures, I could be planning
an epic attack on the West Front - and still look like I am just
checking an important e-mail.

Thanks for great app!

Kristian