[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Can't save log files error has recurred

Edrains edrains at aol.com
Wed May 3 22:59:08 CEST 2017

Hi Joel, last week you helped me solve the 128 MB Java heap size error
message.  I got it to work twice, but now the problem has recurred.  I'm
getting the same Java memory error message as before, I can't save log
files, and Vassal won't quit normally (have to force quit).

I've been doing what you told me to do last week, which worked last
week.  But now, I'm throwing away the old prefs file in the app data
folder, but each time the same error message appears, and then a new
prefs file is being created with an initial size of 256MB and a maximum
of 512.  I'm not sure where this is coming from, since my preferences in
two places (vassal and the module) are set to 512/1024.

What am I missing?
Thanks in advance for any help or advice!
Ed Rains