[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Cannot open Vassal any more ...

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Thu May 11 12:58:47 CEST 2017

Thus spake crozzelle:
> I ran it from the Cmd line several times:

What I meant for you to do was to run VASSAL via Java manually, as
we had been doing, after deleting the lock file:

  java -classpath "C:\Program Files\Vassal-3.2.17\lib\Vengine.jar" VASSAL.launch.ModuleManager

The purpose of this is so we may _see_ what the error message is.

> As you can see, still no response, no error message, ... nothing.  It
> created another blank lock file and the error log was not modified.
> Below is a copy/paste of the last portion of the error log (last
> modified on 4/23/17).

Manually creating a lock file will _guarantee_ that you won't be able
to start VASSAL. Don't do that.