[messages] [Module General Discussion] Objective hexes....

Stiglr allendkrsn at yahoo.com
Sat May 13 18:01:59 CEST 2017

I'm working on a module with a large number (>100) of hexes on the map
that must be monitored for control by either player each turn. These
determine the morale for one side, and influence the length of the game
(there are some sudden death gating factors tied to this morale figure).

I'm not sure what I should do to help the players with this. I'm looking
for suggestions or devices/features to use.

- Can I create an overlay to show the objective hexes, toggled on/off
with a button? What if all the hexes are NOT contiguous?
- Can I assign a value to each hex and set up some automated action to
get a tally of all earned morale points within all the hexes?
- How can I keep track of/show player *control* of each hex, short of a
marker for each and every one (which would result in unseemly clutter)

A little help here? ;)