[messages] [Module Design] Removing all of a certain marker from the map

kbernatz kbernatz at gmail.com
Sat May 20 13:46:08 CEST 2017

Hi all,

Still relatively new to Vassal design, though I have a few modules here
and can handle the basics of counters,cards, etc.  However, for some
reason, the entire procedure for global traits and having actions occur
due to key commands is eluding my poor, befuddled mind :(.

I have a new development project where all counters are marked with DONE
markers after being used in a turn.  It would be totally awesome to be
able to have a global key stroke to delete these DONE markers, but I am
completely baffled on how/what needs to be done.  #sigh#

What I have is the following:
1) pieces that are to be affected are given a prototype of, for example,
Ger_vehicle
2) in Ger_vehicle, I have the Place Marker command to place a DONE
marker using Cntl-A
3) In Ger_vehicle, I have the delete trait using default of Cntl-D
4) the DONE marker (and currently all markers) have the prototype of
"Marker"

I get that I will need to make sure any trait is not in the 'Marker'
prototype, or all markers will be delete upon the key press.  Lets say I
want the key press to be Cntl-R.
I get that the trait that needs to be assigned needs to go in the Done
marker piece.
What I don't get is what syntax and what trait must be used for all Done
markers to be deleted when I press Cntl-R.

Any help would be appreciated...thanks!

-Kevin Bernatz
Doc Beernutz Development (currently developing wargame projects for GMT
and Compass Games)