[messages] [Module Design] A way of deleting Decks in the main window?

rrvs spideratj at aol.com
Wed May 24 15:25:58 CEST 2017

I don't think you can actually delete them.  You could have two separate
boards/areas for the two different modes, or I believe you can limit
their use almost entirely for the second mode (especially if the
preferred method for adding cards added to them in Mode 1 is via
right-click actions and not manually).

To keep it all one board and limit their use you'd want a global
property tied to the mode it's in. For example: CurrentMode (numerical,
1-2).

In the optional (mode 2) decks then, check the Restrict adding
counters... property, adding Dropped counters must match: CurrentMode=1.
Also, reduce their width/height properties to like 2. Finally, uncheck
Draw outline when empty.

For the cards themselves, restrict any right-click actions involving the
additional decks while in Mode 2 using the Restrict Commands trait.

So in Mode 2 then, no cards will be allowed manual placement in those
optional decks, even if players accidentally hit that small 2x2 area.
If they do hit the 2x2 area, I believe the cards would bounce back to
where they were being moved from, which is why you want to limit the
area from its larger default.

For Mode 1, if you wanted to assist with manually adding cards back to
those decks, you could add a small zone around each deck and instruct
cards that hit that zone in that mode to return to that deck.
Additionally, if you wanted an empty outline for those decks while in
Mode 1, you could use At-Start stacks instead, with a hidden piece (no
image, no move, no select) that has a layer trait (with an outline
image) controlled by the CurrentMode global and/or the deck's current
count (I can elaborate on any this if need be).

Hope I explained that okay.