[messages] [Module Design] A way of deleting Decks in the main window?

rrvs spideratj at aol.com
Fri May 26 15:34:38 CEST 2017

Yeah, good idea.  Use the "empty outline" piece I suggested above as an
example for that.  No image, no select, no move, placed at exact center
of board I would guess.  Layer trait will be always active, with levels
following expression: CurrentMode (or whatever you're using as a
global).  Then level 1 will have an image of the mode 1 board, level 2:
mode 2 board.

In addition to the Does Not Stack and Layer traits for that piece, you'd
want to add a Marker trait placing it at the bottom of a map level Game
Piece Layers trait.  So the map's GPL trait might be: MainMapLayer
(with: boards, cards, counters added to it in that order) and the marker
trait for the alternate boards piece would then be: MainMapLayer=boards,
which will keep it underneath everything else.

If you don't add similar markers for the other pieces that use that map,
I'm not sure off-hand if they stay above by default or not... especially
after reloading a saved game... so consider adding the
MainMapLayer=cards Marker trait in the cards' prototype, etc.