[messages] [Module Design] save game updater question

vder vder at interia.pl
Mon May 29 19:23:03 CEST 2017

Hi, during playing my new module I've found a bug in it and prepared a
fix for it. But now I would like to update my saves to continue game
without starting all over again. It appeared that there is special tool
for it as a thread topic implies. So far so good, but I spent last hours
to make it work, but without any successes. Theoretically I do
everything by the book (at least I think so):
1.open the previous version of module in edit mode.
2. open save game updater
3. choose my save game
4. export game piece info
5. open current version of module in edit mode
6. open save game updater
7. import game piece info
8. choose save game
9  update save game
some warning are displayed but precess ends. Main difference between
module versions is that some decks on board were removed, but when I
open new save game there are no any differences in behaviour. Space
where the decks were defined still works as deck with cards stacking and
so on. Am I doing something wrong or are there any other way to achieve
my goal?