[messages] Edit: Re: [Module Design] Incrementing takes longer than setting directly

skizelo skizelo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 18:15:23 CET 2017

[This message has been edited.]

I'm trying to send a variety of chits up or down one space. I've got
this working on set-up: it hears a Global Key Command "set up", copies a
"location" dynamic property copies from a marker (so I can use the same
prototype for things starting in different places), "set up" then
triggers a "send" command, which activates a send to location order. It
goes from a big stack of chits I couldn't be bothered to place, to chits
placed correctly all over.
However when it hears a "strengthen" command, it increments that dynamic
property by 1, so on and so on, and nothing moves.
The two processes use the exact same tags in the exact same order, the
only difference I can find is Goofus increments the property where
Gallant sets it directly. I've chased down any silly mistakes (spelling
errors and so forth) and haven't found any. My best guess is that it
sends itself to where it already is, IE that the DP hasn't finished
incrementing yet - can this be right?