[messages] [Module Design] Send a Global Key Commands, receive one free

skizelo skizelo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 17:49:49 CET 2017

Same thing as in my earlier post[1].
I've got a strange double-imput of a GKC which is triggered (I think) by
it issuing another GKC, with completely different keystrokes. It's also
affected somehow by a Dynamic Property.
A sends "Weaken", "Strengthen" or "Flip" to Chit B, which adjusts a
Dynamic Property and then sends "Delay" to C, whose only job is to send
back "Update" to B. C was the only way I could get it to make Update
apply w/ the new Weakened, Strengthened, or Flipped properties. However,
for some reason when I do this, some of the Chit B's receive A's
commands twice. When I break the Delay GKC, these double-ups don't
happen but now they don't Update. I've changed around the Key Commands
so it's not some old artefact messing things up.
Another weird thing is of the set of B's, only some have this problem,
and the number changes from set to set. They've got a different Strength
property, but in one set of Bs the 2 Strength chits double-up, whereas
in another set, the 1's have it. At a guess, it's probably the fact that
it's the left-most stack (ie not a single-piece).

[1] http://www.vassalengine.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10106