[messages] [Module Design] Piece palette and drag behaviour

PunTheHun vassal at flyhi.de
Thu Nov 30 15:13:56 CET 2017

Hi again,

something odd I noticed in my new module and which I cannot explain. OS
is MacOS 10.13.1, VASSAL 3.2.17.
When I set my preferences to "Combined applicaton window", I can draw
pieces from the 1st (integrated) piece palette only, but not from a
second or higher (floating) one.
If I un-check this preference, all piece palettes float, and I can draw
pieces from all of them.

I checked my older modules, they also behave like this. It looks like
something has changed for the worse, somewhere, presumably in the OS
environment (since the VASSAL version did not change).

Did anybody else experience this?

__Another odd thing__ I do not remember having problems with: When I
drag a piece (or a card from a stack), the drag motion sometimes
(always?) acts as a selection rectangle, selecting lots of things in its
path on diagonal dragging. You can imagine the confusion this may cause
…