[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Lost connection to server error

Malnorma malnormacxio at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 04:53:18 CEST 2017

My apologies, I uploaded the paste and figured it was done.  The primary
game I played on Vassal turned to junk with a new edition and I stopped
playing, so I deleted a lot of files to save space on my SSD and figured
the work on v4 would be started soon.

As a result, I can't give you the exact code I was using... but it was
literally just sending an empty string as the command, using a timer
that was reset every time another packet was sent or received.  This
way, if the connection was idle for (length of timer), an empty command
would be sent, which at least ensured an ACK in response.  I'm sure I
can re-write that portion if necessary, but it was nothing to write home
about.