[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Strangely Specific Problem Causing Module Editor to Freeze

snake74 nsharbaugh at comcast.net
Mon Sep 4 08:31:38 CEST 2017

SOLUTION!!!   While wandering through some other message boards, I
discovered that my problem was more common than I realized.  I saw the
exact same issue described in more than one place by more than one
person.  Apparently it stems from Windows 10 Creators Update causing
errors in Java that don't necessarily affect every system the same way.

In my case the freezing dialog problem was fixed by downloading an
early-access build from jdk.java.net, namely JRE 8 U152 b05, a beta
version which corrects this particular bug.

Everything is once again working just fine!!