[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Strangely Specific Problem Causing Module Editor to Freeze

snake74 nsharbaugh at comcast.net
Mon Sep 4 19:21:00 CEST 2017

The most important thing to see, I think, came from this site for JOSM
(Java OpenStreetMap Editor) which seems to have had a problem very
similar to my recent experience with Vassal:

https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/14821[1]

It refers to the file chooser crashing on a system with Win 10 Creators
Update.  The suggestion to use JRE 8 U152 also refers to the specific
bug which is discussed here:
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8180379[2].  The bug is fixed
in U152.

I've never been a big one for using beta versions of anything, but since
I don't use a browser which employs a Java plugin, any security concerns
in this build are probably negligible.  It certainly has gotten Vassal
back up and running 100%.

[1] https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/14821