[messages] [Module Design] Can you place more than one hexgrid on a mapboard?

Brent Easton b.easton at exemail.com.au
Mon Sep 11 01:14:53 CEST 2017

> 1) Can you describe a hex grid within a Zone of a multi-zone grid,
> and*not* have the grid have effect outside the zone you draw?

Yes. Make sure you define the grids within the zone and do not specify a
background grid at the board level. Or at least, make sure you do not
check the 'Use board's grid' option in the zone.

> 2) Is it possible to have more than one hex grid on a Map, each drawn
> within its own (non-overlapping) Zone? And, will both of the grids
> report proper locations and zone names in the text buffer, if
> otherwise properly set up to?

Yes, it certainly is, most of my modules have sub-grids defined within
map zones to handle on-map tracks and unit boxes. Make sure you change
the Location Format of the Zone to include  $gridLocation$ rather than
the default $name$. This causes any movement report to include the Grid
Location generated by the enclosed grid, rather than the name of the
Zone.