[messages] [Module General Discussion] Kingdom of Heaven

JoelCFC25 jkoepp at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 11 15:04:48 CEST 2017

Hello, thanks for the kind words. The fact that I'm replying the day
after your post is quite serendipitous, as I don't check in on this
forum very often. For this reason I always include my personal contact
information in my modules (Help -> How to Use This Module) so people
don't have to blindly post on forums hoping to get a response.

I can't explain the "draw 7 only gives 6 cards" thing, as both commands
are configured correctly (just checked).

An awful lot is possible with any given module, but as with anything in
this realm it's a commitment of time--and I haven't really been active
in VASSAL module creation for a couple years now (there is a small human
in my household who dates from about that same timeframe that
essentially explains this, go figure).

It also matters what you mean by "colour change"--if you mean the
backdrop of the counters, that would be an enormous undertaking, as it
would require creating a whole 2nd set of image assets for those
counters with a red background instead of green and then configuring the
commands by which they change back and forth. One could approximate the
same by applying an image layer to them (say a red border), but either
way you're talking about a new set of piece traits and having to
recreate from scratch all 9 (!!) scenario setups, which is extremely
time-consuming.

I'm certainly not opposed to these suggestions, but I don't have the
capacity to take them on (or coach up someone else to the point where
they could). Sorry!