[messages] [Developers] VASSAL 4 Design Blog

Brent Easton b.easton at exemail.com.au
Wed Sep 13 12:50:28 CEST 2017

G'day.

I wondered how long it would take someone to find that :) I had a bit of
spare time over the last few weeks and got a severe case of the
development itch while we wait for Joel to complete his building
projects. So I was trying to do a bit of a brain dump on various Vassal
4 design issues, while teaching myself C++ in preparation for the
project warming up. I needed some way to get my thoughts in order and
the blog resulted.

The intended audience was myself, but I am sure it will be of interest
to everyone who is interested in the design of Vassal 4.

Yes, I am more than happy for commentary and discussion and here in the
forums is probably the best place now that the wiki has had to be
moderated. The ideas expressed are very much my own, but based on 35
years of programming experience, including 15-ish (!) years of Vassal
development.

Regards,
Brent.