[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Vassal will not open modules

Flamebeast craig.bradford at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 20:52:09 CEST 2017

Hi All,

Running Vassal 3.2.17 on 64 bit windows 10, with 64 bit Java installed,
to run the 7.4.1 version of the X-wing module. Worked fine last week,
today it doesn't. So far I have:

- removed and reinstalled Vassal and Java
- re-downloaded X-wing 7.4.1 and Vassal 3.2.17 for fresh installs
- manually downloaded 64-bit Java to make absolutely sure I'm using the
right version
- disabled my firewall

None of these has had any effect on the problem - when I try to open a
module, the windows loading icon appears whenever i mouse over vassal,
and i can still click on the menus and make changes. The startup window
for the module *sometimes* flashes up and disappears instantly, but I
don't think I have any control over what's making this happen.