[messages] [Module Design] Can Keystrokes include code?

skizelo skizelo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 15:35:34 CEST 2017

I want a Piece to issue a global key command, $PieceName$Sleep, where
$PieceName$ is, uh, the name of the piece rather than an actual dollar
sign, Capital P, lowercase I and so on. Is this a valid thing to ask
VASSAL to do or can it not execute code in key commands?
I'm trying to find a way to link multiple pieces across multiple screens
that's doable just in prototype tags. I could go and fiddle with every
individual Sender and Reciever but I really don't want to do that.
Another idea I had was to bury a directory in the prototypes where
"1Sleep" was executed only if conditions matched $PieceName$=1 but I
could see noticible slow-down even with only 5 tags so I figured that's
a terrible idea.