[messages] Edit: Re: [Module Design] Clear Moved & Trails

sfbaddict sfb at rogers.com
Wed Apr 4 10:23:18 CEST 2018

[This message has been edited.]

Clearing moves clears trails. Not wanted
So I used the clear fired example and created a global key in the main
map and now have separate buttons for clear fire, clear trails, and
clear moves. To get this to work I had to remove the clear move button
from the main map properties, and remove the "mark when moved" trait
from the "Moved" game piece definition.   I lucked out in guessing that
the moved equivalent  to Matching properties Fired_Active=true for moved
would be Moved_Active=="true"  and for trails also Moved_Active=true

It all works as wanted except for two points.
1) I want to have the pieces auto mark as moved when they move. I can't
get the "mark moved when" trait to work with my clear move button and
not have it clear trails(and delete the history so they can't be toggled
back on).
2) rotation of the Moved text with the turning of the counter. I can
make this work moving the piece trait for moved above my "unit type
prototype" containing the move functions, but it somehow breaks the
trails "start turned on", and the toggle trails "on off" feature.  The
unit prototype contains
Rotate
Movefwd and
Numberpad (movement functions)
So I don't understand the interaction with trails here.

Point 2 isn't that big a deal as having the Moved label always upright
isn't a problem. Interestingly If I move a unit in a circle the trail
will suddenly turn on and I can turn it off again but not back on.
Point 1 (auto marking when moved) however I WANT. So I need to think how
to recreate the mark when moved function without using the "mark moved
when" trait.