[messages] [General Discussion] Saving Mid-Turn without losing logfile?

Zocane xocane at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 21 17:42:44 CEST 2018

New to Vassal, and so I am still working out some of the logistics.
I wonder if there is a way to save a game mid logfile and then take it
up the next day when you fire up your computer?  I am a very slow gamer
and most of the games I play, I take several physical hours per turn and
so I have to break it into 3 or 4 sessions.  I used to just leave VASSAL
open,which was fine, but now for some reason, VASSAL has been causing a
shut down late in the night (I'll figure that out later), so if I do a
vsav at the end of a session, and reopen that vsav, all my notes and
moves are gone.  I can start another logfile, but then, if I don't
finish the turn, I have to vsav again, and again with no notes/moves
recorded.

there are a lot of larger, multi map games out there so I imagine there
is some remedy other than having to start and end logfiles multiple
times during a turn and to have to send your opponent (I game PBEM)
several logfiles.

Great forum by the way.
Will