[messages] [Module Design] Newbie question about layers and traits

m3tan m3tan at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 13 02:00:21 CEST 2018

I'm trying to create my first Vassal module and am struggling with
layers and traits. Can I use layers to assign/unassign traits to a
piece? For example, if I have a double-sided counter that is defined as
"ready" on one side (layer 1), and "spent" on the other side (layer 2),
can I make some Actions only available on based on which layer is
active? For instance I want a Rally action (Crtl-R) that should only be
available if the unit is spent (layer 2) or a Fire action (Ctrl-F) that
should only be available if the unit is ready (layer 1). Can traits be
added/removed based on the layer or is some other method preferable?