[messages] [Module General Discussion] Vendors reneging on hosting VASSAL modules.

akulkis00 akulkis00 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 01:00:07 CET 2018

I've been slowly working down the list of modules (how slowly?  I'm
still in the titles beginning with the letter A), and when I got to the
Advanced Tobruk System today, I noticed there was only a link to an
external location, and in the Comments section, a note that "Ray" had
asked someone to remove the module file for ATS, and let Critical Hit
provide the module ("We'll keep it updated!!!!).

So, I check out the link.  Dead.
ALL of the links on the ATS page linking to Critical Hit pages are DEAD.

Let this be a word of warning against ANYONE trusting vendors to
faithfully provide VASSAL MODULES in the long run.

If they want to provide "The MOSTEST UPDATED VASSAL MODULES EVAR!!!!",
put a link to their module, but DO NOT REMOVE THE MODULES ON THE VASSAL
SITE!"
In less than 10 years since their request that this site remove the
module and to rely on CH to provide it, they went and COMPLETELY
overhauled their site, and didn't include a single vassal module to any
game (as evidenced by a google search for "vassal site:criticalhit.com"
which returns ONE link, and which a ctrl-F search for "vassal" returns
nothing found on the page)