[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Pieces invisible after placing on board

k k at bureaudisco.com
Thu Jan 11 19:55:34 CET 2018

I have noticed a bug where pieces become invisible when they are dragged
onto the playing board.  I am not sure if this is a bug with the modules
themselves or with the Vassal engine.

Here is an example of the symptoms:
1 - I have played both _Star Trek Catan _and _Carcassone_.  In Catan,
dragging a red settlement / starbase onto the board is visible to the
blue player, but invisible to the red player.  The reverse is also true,
blue starbases are visible only to the red player.
1.1 - There seemed to be a "sub-bug" where, in Catan, if you placed a
starbase right on a tile (instead of at its intersection, like you're
supposed to), the piece was temporarily visible.  But, once you moved it
to the intersection like you're supposed to, it becomes invisible again.

2. In Carcassone, the problem was "reversed".  Red could see the tiles
he placed onto the board, blue could see his own, but neither could see
the other's.

One of the players was using Vassal on MacOS 10.13 and the other was on
Windows, not sure which.

Is there anything we can do to resolve these issues?