[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Socket error during Module Opening

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Fri Jan 19 00:29:35 CET 2018

Thus spake AndreaC via messages:
> I realized that probably the solution is in the correct setting of Java
> heap size parameters in Vassal preferences,
> grateful to anybody who could help me

It's not that. What's running out of memory for you is the image tiler.
We estimate how much memory it should use based on the size of the images
being tiled, but apparently newer versions of Java use more memory than
before when tiling some images. There's presently no way for you as the
user to set the max heap for the tiler. We can fix this, but I'm not
going to have time to do it myself for at least a month or two.