[messages] [Module Support] A House Divided - some ideas

JimSB jsbny at embarqmail.com
Thu Jan 25 20:20:38 CET 2018

A friend and I are doing a PBEM game of "A House Divided" and noticed
that it was missing some pieces and features:
a) A Command Track in the Battlefield - when playing with the advanced
rules, both players need to keep track of their available commands.
There is a command track in the Player Aid 2 tab but you can't modify it
by putting counters and pieces on it, rendering it useless.  As commands
are used while resolving battles, having them on the battlefield makes
sense.  There are tracks on the battles for keeping track of battle days
and rounds, but not commands.

b) Markers for River crossings - We noticed that there are no markers
for river crossings.  As battles involving rivers often have some
effected by the rivers and some not, river crossing markers would be
helpful.

c) Confederate Naval Options - There are some optional rules for
Confederate Naval Options and Foreign intervention.  Having a track on
the Map for these (where you could put standard command markers to
indicate when they are in effect) would be useful.

d) Having an "available Marches" track on the Map would be useful,
although not essential.

Anyway, as a Newbie to Vassal, I have no idea of how to modify a module,
but would be willing to try if someone can point to the appropriate
documentation and source code.