[messages] [Module Design] Vassal imbeded unit builds

ChuckS csutherlandewr at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 22:28:32 CEST 2018

I've got units that I am trying to use the unit build ability in vassal
instead of just using graphics for everything so that I can change unit
strengths using the dynamic text. My problem is how to handle changing
from line to column or limbering and unlimbering as the units values
change. So an unlimbered artillery is a 8-2-0 (strength/Class/Movement)
and when it is limbered it is 1-9-3 (crew/morale/movement). So I tried
the replace with function but that changes the values back to the
default for the unit.

In the case of infantry in line a 5-7-3 flips to a 5-8-4 etc. So is
there a way to flip the unit and have it remember both sides of data so
when you flip back it remains intact? Again I am trying to avoid the
usual massive graphics imaging since potentially a unit could be 10 or
more strength requiring that many images to handle the strength loss
that also gives a morale loss too.

I'm stuck any suggestions? We did a ton of rules mods for the SPI
Wellington's Victory game and I am finally creating a generic vassal
module that I will slowly build out to include actual battlefield maps
instead of generic maps.

Thanks!