[messages] [Developers] Switching from svn to git?

aetheriac vassal at saylesoft.com
Fri Jul 13 16:34:13 CEST 2018

Hi everyone, I was just planning on starting some module code and really
hate using svn.
I did start a conversion of the svn repo to git.  It completed, but I
have not had a chance to dig into it for the level of history yet.
I used the Atlassian tool found here:
https://www.atlassian.com/git/tutorials ... g-overview[1]
I only did the VASSAL-src module, and took it from 3.2GB to 500MB.  At
least half of it looks to be svn related.

I have an authors.txt file, but didn't fill in any proper emails or
anything for proper conversion.  Also, there were a few tags that had
spaces in them that might have clobbered each other.  I'll try to dig
into the repo to see what the history looks like soon and get back to
this forum.  This should be the current development branch 3.2.18.
-dion

[1] https://www.atlassian.com/git/tutorials/migrating-overview