[messages] [Module Design] How to make a toggle-based counting system

rookiebatman rookiebatman at mail.com
Sat Jul 21 01:17:17 CEST 2018

I'm making a module for a wargame where each player gets points based on
which objective hexes they control, and I thought it would be nice if
there was a way to bake in a running count of how many points they have.
Setting it up so that the game can automatically detect which side
controls a hex sounds like it would require coding, and I don't want to
mess with that, so I figured the other option would be to have an area
outside the normal field of play (but still on the main board, in Vassal
terms) with game objects that represent each of the objective hexes, and
the players can toggle them to represent which side has control of that
hex. So then, what I'd like to happen is for another field to have a
number which automatically updates the total points for a player, based
on which hexes they've marked as being under their control. What would
be the best way to go about that?