[messages] [Developers] Imported Deck not saved in log file

deichen deichen at frontiernet.net
Fri Jun 1 20:17:54 CEST 2018

I have implemented a custom deck import function in Java for a specific
module.  It uses a local file (that has been exported from another site)
as the source for the import.  I am adding GamePieces to the Player Deck
draw pile.  But when that is done while logging, the deck is gone when
the log file is opened.

I understand from the Programming Tutorial that I have to implement a
Command in order for it to do a sendAndLog to get it send over server
and put in log file.  But since the import relies on a local file (that
only one player has) how do I complete the import and make the resulting
deck "stick" so it is known to the server / logger?

I was considering putting all the imported GamePieces into the player's
discard pile then having the command shuffle into the deck, but then it
seems the other player would need to execute some command to make that
happen.

Am I missing some easy way to make a constructed deck "official" and
visible to the server / logger?

Thanks,
-Richard-