[messages] [Module Design] Ribbon spread cards

rgranville rgranville at verizon.net
Sat Jun 2 18:05:09 CEST 2018

JoelCFC25 is correct. I have cards with information on the top edge of
the card, different information on the left, and still more on the
bottom edge. Upon obtaining a card, a player has to decide which edge he
wants to have displayed and use for the remainder of the game. He slides
the card under a larger card so that only the desired edge is exposed.
The covered edges are "lost" for the remainder of the game. easy to do
with physical cards - not so much with Vassal.

I've pretty much accepted the fact that I'm going to have to do this
with layers. I'm going to make a transparent base, and a layer for each
edge. This way, a player can turn off the layer/edges he doesn't want,
leaving transparent all but the edge to be exposed. Then it doesn't
matter which card is on top, since the irrelevant parts are transparent.