[messages] [Module Design] XML Files?

Popestar ghost.popestar at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 19:36:03 CEST 2018

I have, for some unknown reason, been gifted with what I believe is an
unfinished Vassal module...but the file does not have a .vmod extension.
 I've got an XML file, and when I open it up it appears to be a Vassal
module file of sorts.  For example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<VASSAL.launch.BasicModule VassalVersion="3.1.16"

This is the first 2 lines of the XML file.  Now, I searched and searched
in the tutorials, but nothing is in there regarding XML files.  So I'm
not sure what I need to do in order to get this readable in Vassal or
not. I have tried importing and editing, and both generate an error that
this is not a valid Vassal module.

Is there a way to import this or convert it?  Is this a build file
behind the module?  Am I way off base on this?  Anyone?