[messages] [Module Design] Mouse Over Stack Viewer Glitch?

shilinski stan at hilinski.net
Sat Mar 3 21:46:45 CET 2018

It's 3 years later, and I have the same problem, which I believe is a
Vassal bug.

I have a face-down card deck and a face-up discard pile. I want the
mouse-over viewer to work with the top card of the discard pile.

It works as expected if I drag a card from anywhere (deck, table) to the
discard pile.
It works as expected if I right-click a card on the table, sending it to
the discard pile.
It does NOT work if I use any sort of global key command that moves the
top card from the face-down deck directly to the discard pile. I tried
everything to fool it, but it refuses to zoom the top card of the
discard pile unless I pull off the top card and then put it back.