[messages] [General Discussion] Possibilities of cheating on online tournament.

AVX avx at xonr.ru
Sun Mar 4 00:06:56 CET 2018

Hello, im currently searching alternative for Tabletop Simulator because
it have terrible security on player objects. (Everyone can see
everything with memory dump)
Im interested in using vassal as platform for online tabletop
tournaments, but not via email.
I have couple of questions, i will use this module as an example:
http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Terraforming_Mars

Code:
Terraforming_Mars_101.vmod	Module - en & fr	21.18 MB	2018-01-17	3.2.17
Setup_TM101_5players.vsav	Saved Game - Setup 5 players	25
KB	2018-01-17	3.2.17

__Does vassal use host - client system__?
I hosted a game (Setup_TM101_5players.vsav) on first machine and then
connected to it using second pc (load Setup_TM101_5players.vsav and
connect via ip), my first player on first pc: black, on second: blue.
I pressed sync on blue client and grab a couple of cards in hand as
black, then i save game as blue to cheat and watch which cards took
black and I could not do it.
__Is black hand in this save but program preventing to do it?
Is order of cards stored on host machine?
Is clients hand stored on host machine?
How can client cheat if he want to? (Potential, with memory dumps
etc.)__

Sorry for my bad english, not native language.